Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pattern books

Hi,

I have decided to treat myself to a pattern book for swags and tails, however I am not sure which one to get.

I know Merrick and Day do an excellent book but also does Lorna Anne.

Your recommendations would be appreciated

Di

Re: Pattern books

Hi Di

I have both M&D and Lorna Ann; M&D patterns are the best without a doubt, and give a more professional finish and a much better shape. The patterns are versatile and offer many options including swagged valances, trumpets and jabots. You can also add the supplementary patterns which offer wider patterns.

The Lorna Anne patterns are a great starting point with easy to follow instructions, video and pictures.

Philip
    Have you registered your business yet?

http://www.ukcurtainmakers.co.uk

A MyDecozo Directory

Comment

Another option to consider are actual patterns, like those available from M'Fay in the USA. Each pattern usually makes one treatment with instructions on adjustments that can be made. There is one UK stockist I am aware of Colly Brook, who currently stock a selection of what is available from the main site.

I have the pole swag pattern and find it very useful and easy/quick to make. This is one of the swags I made using it

[attachment=0:31rjbij2]Roman and swag.jpg[/attachment:31rjbij2]
      Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

Hello Louise,

I do think that that is a stunning window dressing!

Comment

Thank you very much! I was pleased how well it turned out - my heart sank somewhat when the lady produced the pairs of JL ready-made curtains that she needed to me join for her large patio windows in the same room (the check did not run straight along the top or bottom!) and another matching pair from which I created the roman and swag, and the last few tiny strips created a border on a white table cloth.......

To see the room completed you wouldn't imagine such humble beginnings. I was pleased she chose a nice bobble trim on the swag and I like the effect of making it on the cross. The tails are short to her design, I think they would have hung better if they were longer.
          Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

Maybe if the check did not run straight, especially along the top and the bottom, you needed to put a join in, Louise......if you get my drift.

Back to the holly and the ivy cakes, and the sparkle , which is now all over the keyboard!! DH will be pleased.

Enid

Comment

Working...
            X