Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• swags and tails pricing

Good evening all,
    I have been out to see a client today who wishes to have two windows dressed with full length curtains, together with swags and tails with a tassel edging with cones in between the swags, on a pole and then for another window, just a pole swag valance with the tassel edging and a large rosette to the centre. So my question is, what should I be charging for this type of work? Clearly there is a lot of work here but I have little idea how to cost i.e. do I cost each swag and each tail? I am not sure what the "going rate" is, and would be grateful for a steer.
    Also, how should I calculate how much fabric is required?
    Always exciting to be involved in something so very bespoke.
    Bev

Re: swags and tails pricing

Yes, cost for each swag and each tail. I would be looking at charging at the same as I charge for each drop of handmade interlined curtain. The amount of fabric depends on the size of the swag, normally you start off making a pattern or using a commercial pattern which will give you the yardage. A tail is generally 2/3 the drop of the overall treatment
    Kind regards
    Pen Harrison
    Colly Brook Fine Furnishings

Comment

I agree. Each swag and tail is charged, then in my case and additional charge for adding trim.
      Unless you have access to something like the Parkhill system then there will be quite a bit of time getting each swag template right, especially if they're going on a pole.
      John Quine
      Brooke Design
      Fylde Coast

Comment

Thank you Pen and John, really useful info. I have the advantage that there are swags and tails there at the moment that I will be able to use for templates so it was more the costing that was of concern to me. I shall press on and, fingers crossed, I will be successful with my quote. Thanks again.
        Bev

Comment

Working...
        X