Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bracket placement

Hi,
    I have an order for swags and tails, (3 swags), on a metal pole. The customer has to buy and fit the pole. Where would be the ideal location for the brackets?
    They are also having dress curtains underneath too so any suggestions for fitting and hanging this arrangement would be appreciated.
    Thanks
    Sharon

Re: Bracket placement

Regarding the dress curtains, you'll need to think about what you're going to hang them on, and if it will mean a deeper bracket for the pole, and if the tops of the curtains are going to be visible behind any part of the swags. Or perhaps the curtains are hanging behind a low, full part of the swag and the tops are therefore hidden?

I don't think you can avoid a centre bracket for the pole.

Hope this helps,
    Angie

Comment

I think you would probably have to have a track for the dress curtains, hidden behind the pole and swags, or even 2 short tracks one either side. Otherwise I think the placement of the swags on the pole would be nearly impossible.

You need to consider the droop area of the swags carefully so that the track/curtain tops do not show.

[attachment=0:2sj18fj9]Pole_Swag droop.jpg[/attachment:2sj18fj9]
      Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

I have used a pole to mount the swags and tails and then mounted two smaller tracks either side of the window to hold the dress curtains before. Works very well.
        Kindest Regards,
        Karen

Comment

Thanks for your replies. You have given me things to think about
          I should be ok with the dress curtains being behind the tail and first swag so as not to show the top of the curtain. I was wondering about were the two outside brackets need to go, they have got the pole yet but i know some brackets are quite chunky so would they need to be in the droop area of the outside 2 swags? if they were underneath were the swag or tail is going to go i'm guessing it wouldnt look good....would have a bump?
          sharon

Comment

I would have thought most brackets would be well hidden by the swag, and not show. If not, butt them right up against the finials.
            Kind regards
            Pen Harrison
            Colly Brook Fine Furnishings

Comment

Thanks Pen.....
              I have another worry about this job.......the view from the side? i am worried how it will look with the curtain hung separate to the pole and how it looks side on as you see it as you enter the room.....i am thinking about having a return on the tail scooping it out at the top so it goes under the finial. Your thoughts please....
              sharon

Comment

Hi Sharon,

I can understand you don't want to see the curtains from the side view. When I did mine I did the tail return back to the wall so none of this was visable. I didn't scoop anything out of the tail, I took the finial off, got everything in place and screwed the finial through the fabric and the tail (sounds dreadful, but it worked well). If you need more details of this I'm sure its in the M & D Encylopedia, let me know if you do and I will have a look in mine if you haven't got the book. (Can't look right now as its back in the office)!
                Kindest Regards,
                Karen

Comment

Hi Karen,
                  I do have that book but its with a customer at the moment, will have to go get it back............i cant visualise at the moment but thanks for the info and glad to know someone has already done this.........i may be speaking to you about it again ....
                  sharon

Comment

Working...
                  X