Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need really large rope/tassel tiebacks - can you help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need really large rope/tassel tiebacks - can you help?

Hi,

I need to source some extra large rope/tassel tiebacks (but not costing the earth of course!) with an embrace large enough to go round a pair of 4 width curtains and need to look luxurious and expensive! Anyone got any ideas? Have tried all the usual, Jones & Co; Hallis, Kestrel Lister and Troynorth but they're just not substantial enough - help! thanks for any advice. Marian x

Re: Need really large rope/tassel tiebacks - can you help?

Are you able to put two hooks in for each curtain, one at the outside edge of the curtain and one at the edge of the window, this can extend the length of the embrace quite a bit.
    Kind regards
    Pen Harrison
    Colly Brook Fine Furnishings

Comment

What colour are you looking for and do you mean extra thick rope and large tassel as well as large embrace?

Comment

Try Turnell & Gigon or Samuel and Son Passementrie.

Both have what you are describing.
        Yvonne

Comment

thank you - yes I guess I could stagger the hooks which would make the embrace bigger - the tiebacks themselves need to be champagne, neutral colours and chunky looking. Thanks for the Turnell and Samuel suggestion - sadly they are too expensive for the client! usual thing of customer wanting expensive looking at low cost! will give them a reality check in a kindly way methinks!

Comment

If you have no luck tracking any down, I have a pair which may be suitable I can try and post photo/s if you are interested? They are unused but not in packaging. They have been stored in a box for a couple of years and I would say they are more ivory/white.

Comment

Hi, I need an update on this thread...am looking for a rope tieback for (3width) interlined, the rope needs to be longer than 1m. Ideally gold/cranberry/poss green/lilac. No space to have 2 hooks in different positions. Any suggestions please.
              KarenS

Comment

Hi Karen,

I've seen somewhere recently some tieback extensions, can't remember exactly who but was Jones/Hallis/Price?

Jessie

Comment

Jones Monte Carlo have a 90cm embrace - would that be big enough? But be warned the colours are not quite as the catalogue suggests and they are quite shiny. The Jones rep also told me that the Shanklin tiebacks can be knotted together to make a bigger embrace (only in natural colours though).

Comment

Troynorth do 100cm embrace and are very good at sending samples if you contact them with a fabric swatch for them to colour match. Not sure if they do bigger than 100cm though...
                    CatherineL
                    Catherine Lepreux Interiors

Comment

I managed to get mine from Haddow (Kestrel Lister as they were called) - they were great for 3 1/2 width curtains - they have them online to view under kestrel Lister tiebacks - checkout Isabelle and Elle ranges.

Comment

Thanks everyone for your suggestions. Catherine, it seems that Troynorth have a few designs at 102/103cms. I'll take a closer look at them & at Kestrel's options.
                        KarenS

Comment

If you get stuck, it might be worth asking Troynorth if they can make something longer? I believe they make custom tasselled cords for knole sofas so might be able to make a long tieback?
                          Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

Trimont will also customise their tiebacks.
                            Kind regards
                            Pen Harrison
                            Colly Brook Fine Furnishings

Comment

Thanks for all the suggestions. Troynorth have a couple of ropes that are 102/103cms which may work. Kestrel (Haddow) are 90cms max from what I could see.
                              KarenS

Comment

Working...
                              X