Outdoor foam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outdoor foam

Priory Foam have started supplying marine/outdoor foam which lets water through, and is quick drying.
    Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Re: Outdoor foam

Also GB Foam.
    Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

That's very useful to know Louise - I need to get some foam for a Patio bench and Priory Foam is near me. Thank you
      K W Designs
      Bournemouth

Comment

Just seen in a mailing that Foam for Home now sell reticulated (outdoor) foam.
        They also have a range of outdoor fabrics - can be left out all year and 5 year guarantee.
        Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

I would be interested to know if anyone has actually used the reticulated foam for outdoor cushions and what they've thought of it.

When I've had clients wanting to be able to leave their cushions outside, I've mentioned the reticulated foam but have always advised that it's not that comfy ie: you wouldn't want to be sitting on it for an afternoon, so have always ended up using blue foam for outside. My understanding is that the reticulated is mainly used in the marine industry.

Comment

I have used reticulated foam for outdoor cushions. They were made for the courtyard of a local cafe, so probably wouldn't be sat on by one person for a great length of time, but it seemed OK. It's not much firmer than an ordinary 4 inch foam and once it has a cover on it any slight roughness of the surface is covered up. I think it is used in the marine industry, for seating on boats. The difference between it and ordinary foam is that it has a coarser structure which allows water to run through it and dry out more quickly than ordinary foam.

Best wishes
            Liz

Comment

Working...
            X