Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pricing window seats

Hi everyone

I need to quote for a piped, zipped window seat cushion which will be 184 cm wide by 31 cm front to back and 2" deep.

I don't do very many of these so I'm unsure how to price it, and I wondered whether anyone would be prepared to share how much they charge for the making up of a cushion cover in this size? Also, do you have a price per certain width of window seat that you charge eg £x per 50cm...?

Thank you very much for any help!

Paula

Re: Pricing window seats

Bumping thread..
    Have you registered your business yet?

http://www.ukcurtainmakers.co.uk

A MyDecozo Directory

Comment

I would start at around £40-£50 plus the foam (which is always more expensive than the customers expect!)
      Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

Yep, I always do a double take when I see the cost of the foam - particularly when customers might see pieces of low quality/density stuff in Dunelm and then compare the price with the sort of pad I would supply. All blue is not the same!

Comment

Paula,
          I charge one price for cushions up to 200cm round, next price up for cushions up to 250cm around, etc. It's the quickest way to quote, from a price list. As to how much to charge, it depends on how long it takes you and how much you would charge per hour, plus overhead, plus profit. I would include a cost for zips, piping cord and thread in that price, but the foam/pad and fabric would be extra. Appreciate you don't know for the first one, so you have to guess the time, and adjust your price accordingly afterwards
          Kind regards
          Pen Harrison
          Colly Brook Fine Furnishings

Comment

That's really useful Pen - I never thought of doing it that way! It's been a bit 'finger in the air' for me for years! Thanks!
            But I've just thought of something .... what do you do when there are more than four corners - say on a seat pad which is shaped to go round uprights?

Comment

I would ignore the uprights, and just take the outer measurement, so length + width x 2. Or you could add them on - it is a little more work, after all. But you want to keep your quoting straightforward, and what you lose on one job, you gain on the next.
              Kind regards
              Pen Harrison
              Colly Brook Fine Furnishings

Comment

Thank you everybody for your help, and some really good points.

Comment

I appreciate this is an old thread but.....

For those who outsource having your foam pads made up ( I do as I don't have the space for huge foam sheets nor the right equipment etc), would you mind sharing if you add on a percentage of the trade cost to then charge to your client.....or do you just add a flat fee to your pad?......or do you price per every 50cm?

Also when quoting for making the FR interliners, again do you add on a percentage of your labour charge for doing those or just a flat fee?

Please feel free to PM me if you prefer.

Thanks for any help

Comment

Working...
                  X