Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Piping sizes (welt)

Hello...

I rather like the way very thin piping looks on cushion covers and wanted to know what your preference is when it comes to piping and what number do you use?

Please answer the poll above as well as leave your comments.

Thank you!
    Philip
    Thick piping cord
    20.00%
    Thin piping cord
    80.00%

Re: Piping sizes

3 usually, but it depends on the fabric. I rather like fat piping, especially ruched, which really hurts your fingers, never mind pinhooks, but it looks much more expensive.
    Haven't tried thin piping for a long time, just haven't had any to hand. I'm about to make up a few bits of embroidery into cushions (one dated MM, why do I never make anything for us?), and I might try thin, now you've brought it to mind.

Comment

I prefer the thicker piping. I think it has a more sumptuous look to it.
      Daisy

Comment

I am so piping phobic!

Comment

I am so glad you started this poll. I am due to re-order piping cord and it would be useful to know what size other people use. At the moment I use 4 mm (M&D no and am thinking of going bigger.
          Regards

Andrea

Comment

I was in TKMaxx yesterday and lots of the cushions had really thin piping, almost like blind cord. The rest had bullion fringing or the stuff you put round lampshades with tassels on it, what's that called? Can't think of its' name. Not at all practical as the cat would love it, and I'd think if you adjusted a cushion while sitting down you could rip it, but very lush and elegant. Hardly any "ordinary" cord at all.

Comment

Although I generally use a 5mm cord, you get different results with thin cord. Depends on the fabric, often. I also like using jumbo cord, around 12mm, and I will then use a 12mm and a 5mm covered in a different fabric, to make it stand out.
              Pen
              Kind regards
              Pen Harrison
              Colly Brook Fine Furnishings

Comment

Re: Piping sizes (welt)

I'm afraid I'm one for the 'thin' piping, I use no 4.

Bev
                Bev

The Window Dresser

Comment

Working...
                X