X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bow tiebacks

Hi all,

I have been asked for bow tiebacks!
    I have seen examples of nice, small neat ones but my customer wants them oversized and padded. My question is is there a general rule on sizing.

I am planning to used buckram on the embrace, lined with bump, (she doesn't want them to look to stiff and formal, but for the bow I will use just the bump. Do you think this would work. I will probably make a mock up in first.

Any ideas, or past experiances will be greatly received.

Thanks

Sue
    Sue

Re: Bow tiebacks

Hi Sue, I like the sound of these tie backs, could you use the netting that is used for 'puff' heading . May be 3-4 layers would give them a lovely 'puffy' full effect. I made draught excluders using this kind of look at the ends. Looks quite funky.

f.e.e.

Comment

I have not used the netting before where do you get it?

I looked back at past posts and got some ideas, I am looking at my M & D book at mo, as someone suggested.

Sue
      Sue

Comment

M&D sell the netting.
        Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

I wouldn't make the embrace from buckram, but with padded fabric to match the bow. Make the bow separately and sew it on, but I think you want the effect that the bow is tied round the curtain, which won't work with a buckram embrace?
          Kind regards
          Pen Harrison
          Colly Brook Fine Furnishings

Comment

Hi Sue,
            Last year (or was it the year before!) I made some 'over-size' bow tie backs for curtains on a four poster bed - if I find the picture I will post it. I made them in 4 parts a large oblong padded out with bump (the bow bit!), a ring to be the knot, the embrace & long tails flaired out at the end again padded with pump. Put the ring over the oblong to form the scrunch in the middle & slotted the long tails throw the back of the ring & attached the embrace to the back......after all this typing (not my strong point) I hope this makes sense!
            Melanie

Kind regards

The Curtain Room

Comment

Thanks Alice it makes perfect sense, I had already changed my mind about the buckram once I had seen a picture of what she wants.

Thanks for all your tips.

Sue
              Sue

Comment

Working...
              X