How much would you charge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much would you charge

To make knife edge, envelope closure cushions from left over fabric, labour costs only, please. I thought about £5.00 for two cushions, too much, too little !! There's enough fabric leftover after making a Duvet and Pillow for a little girls room, which of course I already have chargd for.

Any clues please

Many thanks

JE

Re: How much would you charge

Hi JE

How long will they take you to make? £5 for two covers will surely put you on much less than minimum wage, you're under selling yourself. I charge a minimum £22 for a cushion cover, piped and zipped.

Philip
    Have you registered your business yet?

http://www.ukcurtainmakers.co.uk

A MyDecozo Directory

Comment

Thank you Philip

Comment

me too,
        Im charging even more than that for a 51x51. Dont sell yourself too cheap.....
        Helen

Comment

Hi Everyone,
          Hope someone can offer some advice......... Have had an enquiry for 6 Box cushions, piped, with zips for conservatory furniture. Size most likely to be 18"x18". Have looked through threads for cushion pricing, and last price guide was minimum of £22 for a cushion
          cover, piped and zipped. The customer has bought foam and will be cutting to size, and also supplying the piping. I will see what the
          piping is like, as would much prefer to use my own. They are looking for piping both sides of the welt.

Any feedback would be most welcome.

Thank you, and have a good evening.

C.B.

Comment

Make sure that they have had the foam covered with wadding and stockinette, if not, don't forget to charge for that as well. 18" x 18" doesn't seem very large for seat cushions for furniture?
            Kind regards
            Pen Harrison
            Colly Brook Fine Furnishings

Comment

Having trawled through some older posts on this topic I would suggest around £40/£45 labour only would be a ballpark figure for a piped and zipped box cushion.
              Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

Many thanks Pen & Louise for your feedback, it really is appreciated.

C.B.

Comment

Good job I found that - just been asked to quote for 4 bench length and two square box cushions!
                  Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

Working...
                  X