Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to put the zip in a square cusion

Hello all

Where do you all put your zips in your square cushions? I was taught to put it about 2 inches down from the top at the back, but i notice that most ready mades have it in the seam. I dont know why but I just dont like this, I think this distorts the outline of the cushion a bit, and prefer it in the back, but appreciate that this means the cushion has a definate front and back, and makes pattern matching the back a bit fiddly. What do folks see has the other advantages of puttting the zip in the seam?

Thanks
    Gail

Re: Where to put the zip in a square cusion

I prefer to conceal the zip into the bottom seam of the cushion, as in my opinion, it looks more professional. I think that so long as the zip is sewn in neatly it should not distort the shape of the cushion.

Comment

I am assuming you mean a box cushion. I always put it exactly half way on the side piece, so that you can use either side as top or bottom. If you put the zip by the piping, you might see it if it was at the top, even though it is at the back.
      Rosannagh

Comment

Like the others, I always put mine in the bottom seam for a scatter cushion and the centre of the back welt for a box cushion.
        Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

Thanks for your replies, obviously the industry standard is to put the zip in the bottom seam, so this is what I shall do for my clients (might still put it in the back for myself tho!)
          Gail

Comment

Working...
          X