Bolster Cushion Ends ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bolster Cushion Ends ?

I'm trying to get my head round how to make bolster cushion ends. I would like to have the ends pleated/gathered, like large rosettes with a centered covered button. Should I be making it just like a rosette. The calculation of gettting the right finished dia. is confusing!! Should I be cutting a strip of fabric the same circumfrence as the bolster cushion ( plus seam allowance ) and half the depth at the ends ???
    Kind regards

Cat

Re: Bolster Cushion Ends ?

Basically, for a really simple construction, you need a strip of fabric to right size to go round the cushion and long enough to cover the sides and ends, set the zip in the 'length' of the bolster to make a tube, then gather both ends and attach a button or tassel.

I have some instructions on how to do it - would you like me to email them?
    Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

Thank you, Louise. I should have said earlier but I also want to contrast pipe the edges of the bolster before inserting the gathered ends.
      Kind regards

Cat

Comment

Ah, OK, then you need
        • one piece of fabric length = length of bolster + 2x seam allowance (to join on ends), width = circumference of bolster + seam allowance for zip[/*:m:u11359j8]
        • 2 pieces of fabric length = circumference of bolster + seam allowance to join into a tube, width = half diameter of bolster + seam allowance to join to main section of cover + small allowance to make sure gathered edges meet in the centre[/*:m:u11359j8]

Does that make sense?
        Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

Yes, I've got it, thanks. I've made a trial out of lining and it looks as if it will work.
          Kind regards

Cat

Comment

In the time that it has taken me to pm someone, pop out, come back and make a sandwich.....this topic has arrived!! Guess what I have been asking this am, great minds Cat C. Now that I have read both replies, thanks rjd, will let the food feed the brain cells and go back to what I was doing.

Thanks girls,

Enid

Comment

Working...
            X