cushion suppliers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cushion suppliers

I have been asked today to make a cushion pad for a settee. The cushion needs to be 143cm x 50cm my client wants it just to be like a very large cushion meaning not boxed. She also wants it made out of feathers. Any suggestions where i could get this made up and will it work?. I can just imagine the feathers moving around a lot, constant plumping and that it will just go flat. I suggested 2 inch blue foam but she doesnt like that idea. Any ideas please. Just remembered my first port of call was merrick and day but they dont make made to measure anymore.

Re: cushion suppliers

The feather company are very good so I'm told..
    Have you registered your business yet?

http://www.ukcurtainmakers.co.uk

A MyDecozo Directory

Comment

I used these people before Christmas and they were helpful and do trade prices .... Allshapes
      Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

I had two settees I had to have new long pads for, but they were gusseted - I wonder if a knife edge cushion would be uncomfortable? It won't be very thick and there would be hardly any depth at the sides and along the front edge. However, http://www.cushionwarehouse.co.uk does made to measure pads.
        Kind regards
        Pen Harrison
        Colly Brook Fine Furnishings

Comment

I have used Feathermade several times, and they were terribly helpful, and good prices.
          Rosannagh

Comment

Yes, the feather company in Edinburgh are good, if you phone them with the measurements they will give you a quote.
            Helen

Comment

Thanks for all the suggestions I have ordered a cushion from Feathermade. It is called a foam wrap, blue foam in the centre wrapped in feathers. Bit more substantial than the customer wanted but best solution. The company were very helpful now know a lot about cushions!

Comment

Hi Natasha,
                I use David at Feathermade (not literally) and they are very helpful. Have used their feather wrapped foam cushions for a couple of clients, those with sofa cushions that have gone flat and uncomfortable, and we've all been very pleased with them.
                Regards
                Pen
                Kind regards
                Pen Harrison

Comment

Hi Pen,
                  Have you (or anyone else) used Feathermade recently? Their phone and fax number come up as unobtainable, so I am wondering whether they have gone under?
                  Rosannagh

Comment

Feathermade have changed their name to South Counties Cushions.
                    Warm Regards,

Lizzie
                    Signature Interiors

Comment

David is now trading as The Southern Cushion Company, not South Counties (unless David is using both names!)
                      Kind regards
                      Pen Harrison

Comment

Sorry my mistake - thanks Pen
                        Warm Regards,

Lizzie
                        Signature Interiors

Comment

Thanks Pen and Lizzie - in the meantime, they responded to an email from me - they have kept their email address of [email protected] although they have new phone and fax numbers. Thanks for your help though.
                          Rosannagh

Comment

I use a company called Cushion Supplier. The are extremely helpful and make a nice cushion at an affordable price. They too do a feather wrap cushion using a reflex foam which I always recomend to my clients. All thier work is bespoke. If anyone is interested thier website is http://www.cushionsupplier.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                            X