Tie back buckram

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tie back buckram

Which buckram do you use for making tie backs?

Re: Tie back buckram

White tieback buckram 90cm (36in) wide from M&D

Philip
    Have you registered your business yet?

http://www.ukcurtainmakers.co.uk

A MyDecozo Directory

Comment

Is it fusible?

Comment

The one I use has a glue impregnated in to it which is activated by a steam iron, this is sufficient to hold the interlining.
        Have you registered your business yet?

http://www.ukcurtainmakers.co.uk

A MyDecozo Directory

Comment

Thanks Pip!

Comment

I am not sure what products you have available (I am in the US) but I like to use iron-on adhesive web that can be purchased in wide widths with interlining and good quality blackout lining. Still sturdy but with a bit softer feel than buckram.

Best Wishes,
            Susan
            Susan Woodcock
            Owner, HomeDecGal.com
            Charlotte, NC
            USA

Comment

That sounds interesting Susan - do you cut the blackout to the exact size of the tieback like you would buckram, then iron-on the interlining? I would really appreciate a description of the construction method.
              Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

Me too

Comment

I am afraid that I use pelform, sometimes with a bit of interlining, sometimes without. I have a huge roll of it, don't think I will ever get it used up, but its what I am used to using and it suits me. So far customers have not complained .

Enid

Comment

I have always used hessian buckrum with interlining sewn to both sides.
                    Kindest Regards

Penny

Denton Drapes

Comment

I hate making tie-backs!!! But I also used to say that about cushion covers. until I just had to make a load and now I seem to have cracked it....I think it is all about experience. They all get easier with time........I hope!!!
                      Natalie

Comment

Hello,

There are instructions for how to make a no-sew shaped tieback available from Rowley Company, go to the website at http://www.rowleycompany.com and click on Innovations and Technical Service, then click on "how-to's" and you will find the instructions there.

This is a fast way to make a tieback using blackout lining and iron-on adhesive web.

I also like to fuse bump interlining to face fabric using adhesive web when making sewn tie-backs with welt cord in the seams. The adhesive web adds a stiffness without using buckram and you can still turn the fabric right sides out.

I hope this helps,
                        Susan

I asked permission to post this information because I recently joined Rowley Company full time and I am excited to share but didn't want to overstep the bounds of vendor etiquette. Thanks!
                        Susan Woodcock
                        Owner, HomeDecGal.com
                        Charlotte, NC
                        USA

Comment

I recently had a look through their products and found a couple that I thought would really help me out. I must get around to finding out what their (sorry your) shipping costs to the UK are..... Congrats on your job!

Comment

Working...
                          X