Cresent shaped tie backs with flange trim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cresent shaped tie backs with flange trim

I am about to make some tie backs as described above. Does anyone have any tips as I find piped tie backs hard enough to cope with let alone joining the flange at the back edge of the tie back.

Do you all cover your flange join at the back of the tie back with a small folded piece of the main fabric I have searched the forum but I dont think this one has been covered ~~~typical lol! The rope flange will be placed all the way around the tie back as you would do with piping.

Whats the best method?

HELP!

Re: Cresent shaped tie backs with flange trim

Hi Tam,

Best of look with your tie backs.... Do you think this is something we could cover at The Decozo gathering? I know when Penny showed me how to pipe all in one go (rather than making the piping first then adding it to cushions/tiebacks/box cushions etc.), it made life so much easier. It was one of those lightbulb moments for me. However, I'm sure there must be a clever way to join flange trim - the way to plait the cords and graduate them neatly so they disappear into the seam - without the heart ache and palputations I usually get....

I also like to see one of the clear orbs that Philip was talking about in another post. If anyone who's coming along to Penny's on 28th uses these, would they bring one along and show me how they work please?

Comment

Hi Tam
      This is a really useful You Tube video that I found on the CHF forum, Its brilliant for the join.

youtube:3h9sdj0h]8mEjrKS4uEs[/youtube:3h9sdj0h

Good luck with your tiebacks.
      Kindest Regards

Penny

Denton Drapes

Comment

Thank you Penny, that was fab! If only I could do achieve that look that quick lol.
        I laughed when I saw the title ! My thoughts exactly!
        Fingers crossed

Comment

It's fab isn't it.
          Susan makes it looks so easy.
          Kindest Regards

Penny

Denton Drapes

Comment

Brilliant video - I have a piping foot but it looks completely different than the one on the video. As I've never done piping before and would love to start practicing - can someone tell me if a 1/4" piping foot centre needle position is the one I should buy for my pfaff only wish I was meeting ye all and Penny could show me how to pipe all in one go.
            Ursula

Comment

I would choose a foot that allows flexible needle position then you can decide how close you want to stitch to the piping/cord.

I use a Pfaff and find this site invaluable Pfaff Machines I have their twin welting foot and find it works really well.

The machine in the video is an industrial one so the feet etc. may well be different to those of a domestic machine.
              Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

Ursula,

Maybe you have an adjustable zipper foot, with one 'toe' and a screw at the back to move the foot position, rather than what I call a piping foot, which has a groove underneath. As Louise says, they vary quite a lot in appearance. I think most piping feet grooves are too small for flanged cord, so I usually use the adjustable zipper foot for that.
                Kind regards
                Pen Harrison
                Colly Brook Fine Furnishings

Comment

Working...
                X