Lining or sheeting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lining or sheeting

Probably a daft question but : I haven't enough fabric to make 4 fully covered cushions (a last minute request from the remnants) so thought I would do the backs in white fabric, customer won't buy more fabric, the backs will have an envelope closure, no zips, and the face fabric is washable.

so should I use white sheeting or white lining fabric?

Thanks

JE

Re: Lining or sheeting

If it has to be washable I would use sheeting.
    Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

Thanks Louise

My gut feeling was sheeting, but lining seems thicker.

JE

Comment

I would worry that lining fabric would be less stable when washed perhaps due to the sateen weave?

Could you use double thickness sheeting to give more weight to the finished item?
        Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

I used sheeting for the duvet and pillowcase backing, but you're right double thickness seems a better idea for the cushions, I will give it a go this afternoon, this customer is getting her monies worth.

JE

Comment

Isn't that always the case? They expect miracles on a daily basis! Good luck Joan.

Comment

And she's my first real paying customer, ho hum

Comment

Hey there.

Are you sure that you want to deliver a compromised product? Do you or any friends have any any off cuts to complete the cushions? If the client wont buy any more fabric, how about offering half the number of cushions. The client may be paying but at the retail outlet they wouldnt be able to buy half a cushion.

Be brave and good luck

Comment

Sadly no, not enough fabric, just enough for either 1 40 x 40 cushion or 2 with white backing. On a tight budget, the fabric has a white background so the sheeting won't look too bad I hope.

JE

Comment

Working...
                  X