cushions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cushions

This is what i have made today, two of each.... They are to go with a pair of curtains, pencil pleat, and 2 roman blinds, which will be on their way to Ireland tomorrow.

sharon

[attachment=0:3dbggvw0]red cushion collection.jpg[/attachment:3dbggvw0]

Re: cushions

Hi Sharon,

Those cushions are absolutely gorgeous, I'm sure your customer will be very pleased. Well done you. I've never made cushions with piping so I'll have to get to learning that soon.

Comment

Ooh, I absolutely love that fabric - what is it? Is it three different fabrics?
      Rosannagh

Comment

Hello Sharon

They look fab - love what you have done putting a flower in the centre and the piping around to match - your customer should be very pleased.

Is that fabric from our favorite shop L.A?
        K W Designs
        Bournemouth

Comment

Hi,
          Thanks for lovely comments
          Sorry i dont know what fabric, its COM. the flower one is anyway, the red is a rem i had and suggested i use it to make contrast cushions and then i got all creative and made the front one, saw the technique and wanted to try it out. thought it work really well with the 2 fabrics. I think it would look nicer with piping around the circle. I am really pleased with how it turned out tho. I used 2 fabrics
          Not LA fabric this time Kathy, but my next job is........i made some curtains for the same customer in this fabric about 2 months ago tho, in another colour, which was ok so hopefully will be ok with this. then again only time will tell if it decides to shrink....
          sharon

Comment

just looked at the selvedges on the fabric, it says made in england exclusively for Morada. The design name is called 'oriental'
            sharon

Comment

Are you saying that the front cushion is made of a circle of one fabric set into the plain red??? WOW How did you do it?

They're absolutely gorgeous. I love the fabric combinations as well.

Comment

they are really beautiful, I'd love to know how you did the front one, with the inset circle, that's really clever, well done

Chrissie

Comment

Hi,
                  This is how i made the cushion at the front.
                  i chose a flower that i wanted to use and drew a circle around it in pencil, the circle included seam allowance.
                  i then cut out the front cushion piece, this one was 16"x16". i then drew a circle in the middle. i then drew another circle inside which is the seam allowance.
                  Then cut the middle circle out. then cut lots of 'v' in the seam allowance, up to the first cirlce line.
                  Then i pressed the seam allowance to the wrong side of the fabric.
                  i then put dots of fabric glue on the seam allowance. place onto the patterned fabric framing the flower. allow to dry or use iron to speed up the process.
                  i then stitched from the inside so no stitching showed on the right side.
                  hope that makes sense.
                  sharon

Comment

Great combination Sharon. I am sure your customer will be delighted.
                    Kindest Regards

Penny

Denton Drapes

Comment

Working...
                    X