Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BOLSTER CUSHION COVERS

Hi Everyone
    I am looking for advice on making a cover for a lovely bolster cushion I have, I have tried a few times, but given up. I love making ordinary cushion covers but this type has beaten me!!!

Any advise would be great, I think I would like a simple cover with a zip and simple round ends, nothing fancy, it's for my spare/nighshift sleeping bedroom!!!!!!

regards
    smiley

Re: BOLSTER CUSHION COVERS

There is a post in the instructional videos section about how to set the zip in the 'tube' body of a bolster. The main thing I have found is to be very careful if you pipe the ends of a bolster as it is easy to either stretch the circle out of shape, or make the seam joining the ends to the body too tight .
    Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

I always find it much easier (and quicker) to have gathered and buttoned ends. Mainly because you are then joining straight seams to the piping. Hand gathering the end with very strong thread hardly takes any time, and a large button covers the gathers and the gap in the centre. Works for me every time!
      Rosannagh

Comment

When you make the circles to fit each end, do you cut small "V's" out around both circle and tube?

Philip
        Have you registered your business yet?

http://www.ukcurtainmakers.co.uk

A MyDecozo Directory

Comment

This is basically how i make mine. I DRAW the circle onto the fabric, the line being the circle including the seam allowance. I dont cut out the circle at this point. I sew the piping putting the edge of the piping to the line. I then cut out the circle and overlock at this stage. i sew the body, inserting the zip, then join the circle to the body. By sewing then cutting out the cirlce it keeps the circle more stable so it dosnt stretch or not as much.
          hope this helps
          sharon

[attachment=0:1wcig20c]childs bolster blue.jpg[/attachment:1wcig20c]

Comment

What a super tip! Will try it.

Love the cushions. Fun fabric!

Comment

Working...
            X