Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foam for cushions for Deli/cafe

hi there,
    Good morning everyone, does anyone know where to get good quality foam, I have been asked to quote for bay window, seat cushions for a Deli/cafe in town. I guess they would need to be FR. What do you all think is the best way to make the template for shaped pads. Havent been to see the job yet but no-doubt it will be complicated kind Regards. Helen

Re: Foam for cushions for Deli/cafe

Unless you have somewhere locally, I can recommend http://www.smfoam.co.uk/ They have various grades of foam in all thicknesses and can cut to paper templates if you want them to, and wrap them in dacron and stockinette. They are helpful on the phone and I'm sure would advise you on the right grade for this job.

PS - for tricky/uneven shapes I take some large pieces of paper with me (sometimes you get it as packing in parcels, or newspaper, or brown paper) and lay it on the chair/bench to measure. Then trace the shape with a pencil direct on to the paper and back them up with measurements taken with your tape.
    Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

And I can recommend http://www.foamforhome.co.uk Tel: 0800 138 1199. Very knowledgable & helpful.
      They have a huge range of standard products but also able to do bespoke items too. They made 2 very odd shaped foam cushions for me!
      Jane

Comment

Yes, I've used Foam for Home as well - and they now have a wholesale price list. They've been very good.
        Kind regards
        Pen Harrison
        Colly Brook Fine Furnishings

Comment

I use Foam for Home too.

Sue.

Comment

thank-you all so much for your suggestions, I will definitely give both companies a ring, once I know the measurements.
            Helen

Comment

Working...
            X