Turkish Corners/Butterfly Corners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turkish Corners/Butterfly Corners

Turkish Corners or Butterfly Corners are a nice way to finish off a cushion especially ones that willl lie flat like a floor cushion. There are a few ways of doing them
    I will post instructions soon from a really good book I have
    Karen Rhodes
    Karen Rhodes Design
    Pole Design

Re: Turkish Corners/Butterfly Corners

I'll really look forward to seeing that Karen, some pics as well please - I don't get the chance to make nice cushions very often and your cushions are just lovely.

Comment

Thanks Karen that will be useful

Kathy
      K W Designs
      Bournemouth

Comment

Karen I hope you dont mind but the thought was intreaguing so I did a search and came up with this. I hope you dont mind me posting it,

http://www.sewnews.com/resources/qa/qa0407a/

Cant wait to see yours as the link above is somewhat short and a bit confusing!

Comment

Yes thats how you do it. tThere are a few variations on it. They seem to like them in the U.S.

If you dont want to make a box cushion its a quick way to get a squarish looking cushion without doing a real welt.

I don't like them used as scatters though. Only to sit on like box cushions. The book I have is Sewing Edges and Corners by Linda Lee. It tells you how to do lots of lovely unusual edges for cushions such as flanges, turkish corners, etc,
          Karen Rhodes
          Karen Rhodes Design
          Pole Design

Comment

Working...
          X