Pyramid cushions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pyramid cushions

A PDF file for your information: there may be other instruction on how to achieve the making up of a pyramid cushion, so feel free to add your too! Iused the diagram and added a 1.5cm seam allowance along the outer edges of each section, matching up the crossing points at the top and bottom of each piece when joining. The bottom base square I added a zip with a flap to protect floors and surfaces.

http://www.quiltwoman.com/hints/Matchtr ... square.pdf

Re: Pyramid cushions

I saw a question somewhere from someone asking how to make pyramid cushions (or humbug cushions as I call them), and wanted to help. they really are the simplest thing in the world. For the inserts, do you know what I do?? I buy an ordinary square cushion insert, then carefully cut one edge open, then resew it, instead of 'side to side' sew it 'front to back' (this really is difficult to explain). The best way to think about it is go and play with a PG tip tea bag. The Pyramid really is a square, with the bottom seam sewn side to side, and the top seam front to back. if you get my meaning, lol.
    Chris

Comment

Hi Flooz

Firstly welcome to the forum, this place is new and growing daily so thank you for posting .. Your explaination is actually very easy to follow.. Thank you!

I will attempt one now..

Philip
      Have you registered your business yet?

http://www.ukcurtainmakers.co.uk

A MyDecozo Directory

Comment

If you check out this blog http://allittook.blogspot.com/2008/0...-tutorial.html there are instructions for a 'true' pyramid doorstop with a square as the base and triangular sides. It could be adapted to make a cushion instead.
        Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

Hi

That made it look very easy - its kind of cute isn't it - thanks for the posting Louise.

Kathy
          K W Designs
          Bournemouth

Comment

glad you found it easy philip, you must let me know if it worked for you.
            Chris

Comment

Incidentally. If you make the infils like I described above, the covers for them can be made in one length of fabric (unlike the video which would have a seam on every straight edge. I.e. if using an 18" cushion, you would simply use fabric 18" x 36" (twice the width) plus seam allowances all round. insert a zip on the short edge-to-edge, then using the same method as before, sew top and bottom - one of the seams 'side to side' and the other 'front to back'. You will then have your pyramid cushion, covered, and without any unnecessary unsightly seams.
              Chris

Comment

Blimey - it's nearly a year since i put how I made my pyramid cushions. Did anyone else do any??
                Chris

Comment

So thats why the link isnt working
                  do you still have the PDF flooz?
                  thanks
                  Sharon

Comment

Hi Sharon - i don't have the PDF, but if I remember correctly, I found those instructions quite difficult to follow. mine are much easier
                    Chris

Comment

Working...
                    X