Help with fabric quantity please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with fabric quantity please?

My client has asked me to arrange a new seat pad and the necessary amount of fabric to cover it - Her upholster is going to make the cover and has asked for 2 metres of fabric and I can't see how he's going to get a piped cover out of this small amount of fabric.

The pad is:

width 115cm
    depth 65cm
    thickness 14cm.

All to be piped and made to the highest standards and no piping joins to be visible at the front.. The fabric details are - Andrew Martin is made of 55% cotton and 45% jute and has a width of 132cm. It has a pattern repeat of 82cm and is suitable for curtains and upholstery.

Can anyone estimate the required amount for me please?

Philip
    Have you registered your business yet?

http://www.ukcurtainmakers.co.uk

A MyDecozo Directory

Re: Help with fabric quantity please?

he will struggle to do it with 2 metres if he is matching top and bottom and his gusset, with a pattern that big. If that was my client i would
    say 3 metres working on the principal to much is better than not enough and leftover fabric can be used to make a cushion.
    (technically 2.5 would be enough but that depends on fabric and how they do piping.)

Nothing worse than a badly matched cushion!!! cheers flora.

Comment

Thank you Flora! I'll tell her to buy 3 metres, but suggest she has 4 and makes a cushion if there is any left over.

Philip
      Have you registered your business yet?

http://www.ukcurtainmakers.co.uk

A MyDecozo Directory

Comment

You need to allow three pattern repeats to match top, bottom and gusset, then there's the zip stand and the piping. So I would say at least 3m if not 3.5m.
        Kind regards
        Pen Harrison
        Colly Brook Fine Furnishings

Comment

Working...
        X