Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Box cushions for garden - flame proofing required?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Box cushions for garden - flame proofing required?

HI there, I"ve been asked to quote for making up 8 box cushions for an outdoor seating area. These cushions will be kept in the house (or garage) and taken out only when needed so I'm assuming that the fabric has to be treated to comply with current fire regulations. Does anyone know if that is the case? I hope not as I hate working with flameproofed fabric!
    Thanks, Sue

Re: Box cushions for garden - flame proofing required?

Sue why not use Edmund Bell , all their fabrics are fireproofed and easy to work with.
    Melcurtains

Comment

I would have thought that the primary concern for outdoor garden cushions would be for them to be moisture resistant/shower proof rather than flame retardent? Pierre frey do a range of outdoor fabrics as do kirkby design and Hardy fabrics or Kayospruce.

Kind Regards
      Christine

Comment

Due to UK Flamability Regulations, many outdoor fabrics are not suitable for indoor use. Apparently elsewhere they dont have these restrictions.

Comment

Thats interesting Katie, does that mean we should not use/sell them for conservatory use i.e. bench cushion in a conservatory (or anything larger than a scatter cushion)?
          KarenS

Comment

I read an article today re- outdoor fabrics, they are suitable only for outdoor use unless they have been FR treated or have a barrier cloth in place - then they can come into the house / conservatory!
            Melanie

Kind regards

The Curtain Room

Comment

Thanks Mel for the clarification, thats what I thought.
              KarenS

Comment

Hi Mel - would it be be possible to have a link to the article you were reading - its sounds useful!

Thanks

Katie

Comment

Working...
                X