Treating fabric for hotel cushions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Treating fabric for hotel cushions?

I have read all the BCFA document on british standards for contract this morning and it doesn't mention that scatter cushions need FR treated fabric covers.It is all about the furniture , blinds and curtains.
    I imagine some hotels just go into a shop and buy cushions for their hotels. Do I need to treat this fabric (which would be very annoying for a small quantity)?

Re: Treating fabric for hotel cushions?

Well done on ploughing through that lot! My understanding is that it is up to the hotel to carry out the risk assessment and specify whether the fabric needs to be treated. If they supply it to you, you don't have to treat it unless asked, otherwise try and select an inherently FR fabric or one that has already been treated. Scatter cushions are perhaps regarded as decorative accessories, rather than furniture, so like lampshades, don't need to be FR.
    Kind regards
    Pen Harrison
    Colly Brook Fine Furnishings

Comment

Re: Treating fabric for hotel cushions?

Hi Lizzy

I am not an expert in it but I believe the scatter cushions in hotels are not covered by the FR regs. These covers get cleaned so will have to be either Inherent FR or will have to be retreated after cleaning.

Regards
      Charl
      Charl

The Curtain Tailor

Comment

Working...
      X