zips....my nemesis!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• zips....my nemesis!!

I have a roll of Coats Optilon zip, but have run out of sliders. I have tried the ones that I have, bought from Collybrook that work beautifully with the zips that Pen sells but they don't seem to like this zip at all. I get the sliders on the zip and they will either run fine, close OK , or will once and then not close at all.

I have no idea where I bought the sliders , its been so long, and am very loath to ditch the roll of zip, its expensive. Has anyone any idea what might be wrong?? The zip is just normal cushion zip. The numbers on the roll are 263400C-08542. S40 E12E 00 INI CCL 85. Makes no sense other that there will be a colour code and there is 200 mtrs on the roll.

Enid

Re: zips....my nemesis!!

I have a 200m roll in beige from Jones that i have had for years, i have also got the sliders that came from Chathamglyn that fit this, that i use. If you want to try them i can send you some.

Sarah

Comment

Enid,
      Hallis sell Coats Optilon 6mm medium weight zipping, in 175m rolls, number 560441C, and the Beige is /08542. So it may be a different size zip to yours.
      Kind regards
      Pen Harrison
      Colly Brook Fine Furnishings

Comment

Thanks Pen. I think I will try their site and phone them on Monday. Its a real pain !!!!!! I bought some a sliders a few years back, but will have to hunt the paperwork to find out who and where.........

Comment

Working...
        X