square bay pole

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• square bay pole

i have to do a window in a square bay and i noticed hallis hudson do a pole that has corner joints, i spoke to a fitter and he said they were rubbish best to get one that is bent at the factory he said the other ones that have the corner pieces dont work well and the customer wont be happy, i have had no experience with this fitter whom i just phoned up and he quoted me fifty pounds per hour, but i need to know what pole to use the bay winow is 250 centre and 1.20 either side. black out lining on a lightish fabric

Re: square bay pole

You get what you pay for, a good quality bay pole will be fine. The picture shows one sold by Price & Co.

ps. Phone around for another fitter, he's over charging.

[attachment=1:3adykxhj]baypole.jpg[/attachment:3adykxhj]

Silent gliss do a good range of pole bent to fit, these poles have more brackets and no rings, the curtains hang from small hooks in the pole.

[attachment=0:3adykxhj]metropole-curtain-poles.jpg[/attachment:3adykxhj]
    MyDecozo Admin

Comment

Hi Dee,
      I agree with Philip - you do get what you pay for. I think the poles with corner elbows are fine for small windows with lighter weight curtains (as they are marketed at the DIYer who doesn't have access to a wider range of poles).

There are several pole companies who will supply poles made to measure for bays. Lots of them can be supplied with C rings and passing brackets, so you aren't restricted to just the three brackets on a pole, and the end result will be much sturdier.

Good quality poles, particularly for bay windows, aren't cheap!
      Kind regards
      Pen Harrison
      Colly Brook Fine Furnishings

Comment

Just a comment on the C rings and passing brackets, I have only used them once on a pole that ran the whole length of the wall. It looked good and served the purpose, but the customer found it to be a little tricky getting the rings over the brackets, it was as though the rings needed a tiny bit of 'lift'. Silicone did not help, but as it was only two or three and as she was aware of it , it was not a problem.

Enid

Comment

Hi
          Just to echo Enids issues with C rings and brackets, I have only ever supplied 1 of these as the ring passing the bracket was not that great.
          Silent Gliss Metropoles for bays everytime for me .....if they can afford it.
          I dont think £50 an hour to fit a bay pole is over excessive to be honest
          Cheers
          Clark

Comment

Interesting comments on C rings. I've only ever supplied one, and it was fine. I will be aware of this for the future.
            Kind regards
            Pen Harrison
            Colly Brook Fine Furnishings

Comment

Totally agree Silent Gliss are fantastic for bay windows. They come in 30mm and 50mm sizes.

I have fitted quite a few of these. £50 an hour is way too much for fitting. My fitter charges me £20 an hour plus mileage and I try to make a little profit on it too. He has completed the Silent Gliss courses and I am really pleased with him.
              Karen Rhodes
              Karen Rhodes Design
              Pole Design

Comment

Hi Karen
                Just out of interest, does your fitter charge you for a full hour or on a pro rata basis ie if the job last 1hr 5 mins does he charge for 2 hours?
                Also does he have a minimum charge?
                I am interested as £20 per hour is a great rate and I would like to compare with a fitter I use occaisionally
                Many thanks
                Clark

Comment

the fitter i use seems to have disappeared. now i am stuck-for a fitter that i can trust. do you think if i contacted a carpenter he could fit it okay. one of these bay poles or do you know of a fitter in the tamworth region that is good and isnt a rip off merchant

Comment

Hi Dee

If you contact Silent Gliss they may give you a list of fitters in your region.

Philip
                    Have you registered your business yet?

http://www.ukcurtainmakers.co.uk

A MyDecozo Directory

Comment

Working...
                    X