Two overapping curtains on one pole

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two overapping curtains on one pole

Not sure if this will work or if anyone has tried this out. My client would like a pair of sheer dress curtains overlapping completely but tied back to each side. If you had double the amount of rings and you used alternate rings to suspend one curtain, and then used the other rings to suspend the front one, would this work. Am I missing something or is it necessary to have a double pole? They do not need to be opened or closed just tied back, and let go when necessary.

Thanks,
    Sue.

Re: Two overapping curtains on one pole

I'm no expert but that sounds like it would work using one pole & a double set of rings - and look pretty effective. There must be someone on this forum who's tried that before though.
    Jane

Comment

If the fabric did not have a directional pattern could you take one piece of fabric the total length needed for both panels, then stitch a channel exactly in the middle of the length and hem both ends. Slide your pole through the channel, put it in place, and dress one 'drop' to either side.
      Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

I once put both curtains on the same heading, for behind a bed, so one could be swept to each side. Come to think of it, it was a long time ago, there were three, so one hung against the wall. But the front two did the job you're after. Took a lot of dressing to get it right, but looked pretty good.

Comment

Working...
        X