metropole

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• metropole

customer is keen to have the metro pole corded 30mm the curtains have 3 widths in each with a supersoft blackout lining. i havnt weighed them. the main fabric is a light brushed cotton. would this pole do it goes up to 8 kg im told by one person 10kg by another. do i need to weigh them. the curtains are up at the moment on a no good polaris pole.

Re: metropole

Hi Dee
    I am sorry you are having so much trouble with your poles. I have no experience with either but do know that Karen in Edinburgh is the forum expert on Metropoles.
    Maybe try PMing her.
    Kindest Regards

Penny

Denton Drapes

Comment

We put up some tapestry style fabric curtains in a barn a few years ago on a metropole and we had to hire a scaffolding tower due to the height which must have been 4 to 5 metres, so I am sure it would be ok. I saw the house for sale in local paper recently and they were still hanging at the window!
      janie

Comment

These curtains aren't interlined, so the pole should be fine with the weight. If you are worried, you can order extra brackets separately for the pole, but I don't think it will be a problem.
        Kind regards
        Pen Harrison
        Colly Brook Fine Furnishings

Comment

Sorry to be so late and not living up to my reputation!

A 3m straight corded 30mm Silent Gliss Metropole will take up to 9kg in weight but can be double to 18kg if corded both ends for a pair. What you can do is guestimate your fabric by doing the maths on the lining and fabric per sqm. I know some companies can tell you the sqm weight on fabric and most linings have the weight information. Its always best to take the weight guide seriously. I once had a customer who did not and then had to get the poles corded both ends because she did not bother with the weight table and the cord snapped.
          Karen Rhodes
          Karen Rhodes Design
          Pole Design

Comment

Working...
          X