spring loaded tension rods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spring loaded tension rods

For better or for worse, I have to supply some voiles on tension rods. The span of the largest window is 1975mm. Never having used these before, I have purchased some unbranded tension rods which were cheap. However, they look cheap and when fitted into the recess, they bow by about 0.5cm in the middle. I have loosened the tension but it really doesn't seem to make a difference. It looks like I will need to purchase a different make such as Integra. I also wondered to whether to purchase the largest size so there would be a maximum length of double rod (if you get what I mean).
    I just wondered if anyone has had similar experiences with these horrid things, and what their solution was. I dont want to purchase a more expensive brand only to find I have the same problem.

Sas

Re: spring loaded tension rods

Yes I have Sas - - I have bought both cheap and expensive and I have always found that if you buy a longer rod than you need for a wide window the overlapping telescope within the rod makes it much stronger and takes out any bow that may appear,

Comment

Thanks for the fast response
      Yes, I shall certainly purchase longer ones. However, did you find any difference between the cheaper and expensive ones? Is there a particular one you favour? I have already wasted money on the rubbish ones, but dont want to buy the most expensive if there is probably no need...........oh these have given me a bigger headache than 7 widths of 3m drop interlined curtains (well almost )

Sas

Comment

Hi sas

I've just done exactly that, purchased the largest size so they only need extending by a few cm's to tighten... I purchased mine from Price & Co and they are very good.

Philip
        Have you registered your business yet?

http://www.ukcurtainmakers.co.uk

A MyDecozo Directory

Comment

Hi Philip

Which ones did you purchase? I noticed there were two types in Price & Co - their brand and Integra (Integra being the most expensive). I have some trim to order from there so it would be sensible to order them at the same time.

Sas

Comment

Sas - I don'think it matters really as long as you know what you are dealing with. Once you have handled the particular rod in question and you are satisfied that is fit for purpose then buy as cheaply as you can to achieve the desired result. After all the rods should never be seen so spending extra money is futile. The problem of course is knowing what you are buying. If you are working on mail order basis then it is difficult to compare products so one tends to go for a superior product just in case the cheaper one is not up to the job. If you can try to sample the product and see if you think it is properly adequate.

Comment

Sas - Price and Co are selling their own rods as fit for purpose. If you use them and they are not then Price and Co will refund. They are quite an honest outfit and in general don't sell tatt, mind you Price and Co are certainly not cheap.

Comment

Sas

Price & Co

Page 205, spring loaded net rods. My window is 189cm's so I bought 180cms to 250cms as I didn't want the stress on the middle and felt I'd rather not extend it more than necessary.

Philip
                Have you registered your business yet?

http://www.ukcurtainmakers.co.uk

A MyDecozo Directory

Comment

Thanks a million. I shall order larger Price & Co versions .......headache over

Sas

Comment

Working...
                  X