Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• curtain fitter in taunton area

Hi there,
    I am posting this just in case someone reads this from the area. Short of telephoning the local shops, only two in the area, I need to contact a fitter who could give me a quote for fitting new tracks etc in a house in Taunton. Anyone got any other suggestions, Fit-ex don't seem to cover the area or maybe I am just looking in the wrong place.
    Nothing huge, a couple of bays, a couple of straight tracks and a couple of romans.........rented house for son but the curtains and tracks have never had any good days far less seen good days.

Thanks, Enid

Re: curtain fitter in taunton area

Have just put TA1 in the location search on fit-ex website & the guy located in Surrey is listed as covering, what looks like, the whole of the south of England including TA postcodes. Might be worth giving him a call.
    Jane

Comment

Thanks Jane,
      thats the chap I use and I have his price list but was trying not to incur mileage charges between here and Taunton !!!!!
      and I just thought...maybe someone could be browsing the site who lives in Taunton.

Will keep looking,

Enid

Comment

No idea what they charge but try this http://wyvernblinds.co.uk/tracks-and-poles/
        Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

Thats a thought, Louise, I just googled ' curtain makers in Taunton'. I shall give them a call.

enid

Comment

Hi Enid,

Would Filw be too far away?

Comment

Hi, Jules,
              I rather think so, they are Devon yes??
              Tried the shop Louise sent, but they obviously wanted to provide the tracks etc at their profit and as I wanted to do that at cost , thats a nogo.......but I did speak to a curtain lady's husband in Taunton who was prepared to consider it, we might just be solved. I am happy to use up good remnants for this and if we can do a deal with the landlady, then the curtains can be left when the kids quit the property, but as that could be another two years and he will be off to you-know-where for 6months in March, I want her to feel safe in the house......well as safe as possible.
              Thanks for all the suggestions, looking forward to the 'gathering'

Enid

Comment

Just a quick thought Enid..... Does the LL have a competent Handy Man who might be amenable to putting up your tracks/poles and roman/s, under instruction? It may be more cost effective than using a 'curtain fitter' but hope your last contat proves positive.

Really looking forward to meeting you (and your comestibles) later in the month!!!

Comment

Hi Enid,
                  I have sent you a PM, I have a contact in Taunton but they are not a fitter but will be able to help you find one.
                  Yvonne

Comment

Working...
                  X