Fixing returns to metal brackets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fixing returns to metal brackets

I have been fitting curtains today onto metal poles that are fixed directly into the wall, therefore no wooden batten on which to attach a vine eye to secure the return to. The returns are 12cm deep and do not stay in place alone. I ended up bending pin hooks into an "S" shape and hooking it over the metal bracket, and then hooking the pin hook of the return into it. It worked, but is there a better way?

Julie
    Julie

Re: Fixing returns to metal brackets

The way I do it is to get a slightly larger screw eye and fix to the wall with a yellow rawlplug. It might pay to drill the hole slightly smaller than reccomended for the rawlplug and drive it home well to ensure the screw eye grips the plug.

Phil

Comment

Hello Julie,

You need to drill a little hole, pop in a plug and screw an eye into the plug.

Comment

I just have this anxiety about drilling into peoples wall, and will avoid it at all costs. I am fine fixing into wood or plastic, but have seen plaster fall off, pipes drilled into and horrible botches made which have put me off.
        I am experimenting with a 'U' shaped metal piece, with holes ( for the pin hooks) in the legs of the 'U' that would sit over the bracket and hang down against the wall.
        I could do with some tuition about what types of rawl plugs and screws to use on different surfaces and wall constructions - maybe I need to go on a nightschool class!!

Julie
        Julie

Comment

Get whoever puts the pole up to put the screw eyes in.
          Kind regards
          Pen Harrison
          Colly Brook Fine Furnishings

Comment

Working...
          X