Return to wall help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Return to wall help?

Hi can you good knowledgeable people let me know the correct way to do a return to the wall when using a pole. Some large poles have such a huge projection!

Re: Return to wall help?

Hi Sophie

The returns should be calculated before pleating - Measure the first ring to the wall - See here Returns Attach using a screw eye to either the pelmet board or the wall.

Philip
    Have you registered your business yet?

http://www.ukcurtainmakers.co.uk

A MyDecozo Directory

Comment

Hi philip thanks for that but what happens if the client wants the curtian level with the top of the pole? Do you not do the return?

Comment

You could either remove the finial or have no return I'd say, I can't see any other option.

Philip
        Have you registered your business yet?

http://www.ukcurtainmakers.co.uk

A MyDecozo Directory

Comment

If your client wants curtains level with the top of the pole, you've got to accept forward dressing spaces. The only way you can have a 'return to the wall' in this case is to sculpt out your heading to allow it to fit below the pole until it reaches the space behind the pole to return to the ring as Philip has said.

Comment

Thank you both for confirming my first thoughts. I have a client whose door opens onto the window wall and you will see a big gap between wall and curtain as she wants a set down pencil pleat heading with a ruffle above. The poles she has bought have wonderfull finials so not using those are out of the equation. I will see if she minds seeing the gap when you walk into the room. Thanks

Comment

Sophie,
              if she is having a ruffle above a tape, you could still have the return at the tape level, and then the ruffle just along the front edge. I think that would work, and be better than a big gap.
              Kind regards
              Pen Harrison
              Colly Brook Fine Furnishings

Comment

Wow Sophie, I am glad u raised this issue. It is a problem I had not even considered as i plan curtains for a client who doesn't want the rings on her poles visible. I was considering a ruffled heading...any one got any making instructions...please

Oops perhaps this should have been a new thread...someone might want to shift it
                Regards
                Mairi

Comment

Thank you Penn brilliant idea will remember to add in return knowing that it will be possible. Thank you again.

Comment

Mairi,
                    If your client doesn't want rings showing, why dont you go for a pole with enclosed gliders, Metropole, or Cameron Fuller (I think they do them).
                    Kind regards
                    Pen Harrison

Comment

HI Sophie,
                      I've had another thought about the return. If you are using a wooden pole, you can take the return round the end of the pole without the finial in place and then screw the finial through the fabric. How it would look depends on the treatment, etc, but it is a valid method.
                      Kind regards
                      Pen Harrison

Comment

Thank you Pen will also consider that, got to take the poles around today so I will have a word with client about it.

Comment

Working...
                        X