BESPOKE POLE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BESPOKE POLE

A client has had a bespoke pole made by a metalwork firm. It has been delivered. It is lovely (I haven't seen it) apparently, but it has huge finials on, and is all made out of one bit of metal. Therefore we have no way of getting any rings on it! We have to get creative on a heading (one that slides easily) as it is a room divider curtain. So I think tab tops are not an option. I had a brainwave to have eyelets - but then I realised I was being completely stupid! Any suggestions please? I don't think taking the pole back is an option as it was a favour.
    Thanks,
    Sue.

Re: BESPOKE POLE

Could you get a variation of a passing ring made that was like a large 'S' hook? Then it would sit on the pole and the weight of the panels would hopefully keep in it place.

Something like in this photo http://www.allweldforge.co.uk/ironcu...olesonline.asp

Or could you make a tab top with a Rufflette plastic glider to help it slide on the pole?
    Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

Hi
      could you cut the pole in half and slide the rings on, using a centre bracket to hide the join
      cheers
      clark

Comment

would passing rings, or C rings work? They can be made by a blacksmith if necessary. How about ties (although a bit naff). Walcot House have lovely rivets, that you could use with tab tops.
        Kind regards
        Pen Harrison
        Colly Brook Fine Furnishings

Comment

Ask your client ( politely of course) to ring the maunfacturer of the pole and ask their advise. Its something THEY should have thought of when taking on the commission Surely they provide rings too

If the pole is cut by someone else to accomodate the rings , it could invalidate the making guarantee. Just cover yourselves by asking them as , much like fabric, once cut cant be returned. Make sure the pole fits the window too. I have had a client whom asked for a iron pole to be made to her spec. It didnt fit the angles of the window

Its not your fault theres no rings, and you cant provide a miracle either way.

Comment

Just one of my hair brained ideas, If you can not get rings made how about buying link chain by the metre , cut to length. Wrap around pole, Insert pin hooks in chain spaces.
            Very Gothic.

Eileen.

Comment

Hi All,

Thanks for your suggestions. Think we will ask him to cut off one of the finials, so we can add the rings, then weld/fix back on. The centre joiner will not be a good idea as it will be for a single curtain and will not pass over the join very easily.

What a plonker - he must have realised there was a glaring design flaw as even he suggested tab tops when he delivered it.

Sue.

Comment

Working...
              X