Fitting Curtain Poles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fitting Curtain Poles

Wondered if anyone can help with this. I am preparing a quote for a client I am seeing tomorrow who requires five curtain poles to be fitted. She is buying her own poles. What would you normally charge for this? Would you itemise it seperately or include it in the make-up cost. Normally I don't fit them but my husband has offered to do it for me.

Cat C.
    Kind regards

Cat

Re: Fitting Curtain Poles

Before you think about drilling into someone else's walls - do you have insurance?????? I might be wrong, but I think you need Public Liability Insurance to do work in other people's property.
    Jane

Comment

Yes Jane, Have Public Liability o.k.

Cat C.
      Kind regards

Cat

Comment

My track fitter usually charges by the hour as if he hasn't seen it, it is difficult to tell how easily the tracks will go up, due to steel lintels etc. I guess it would take about 1 hour per pole but that again depends on the size or he could say either a half or full day.
        Janie

Comment

My fitter charges £30 - £35 per pole / track.
          Yvonne

Comment

Thank you, Janie and Yvonne,

Have to decided to quote per. hr. which should work out o.k. as it's a fairly staightforward job. It's a new house and the facing boards are already to fit poles onto.

Cat C.
            Kind regards

Cat

Comment

We charge £25 an hour, this way however long it takes gets covered.
              Kindest Regards,
              Karen

Comment

Originally posted by Karen C View Post
                We charge £25 an hour, this way however long it takes gets covered.
                Hi Karen
                I know this is a very old thread but if you still charge per hour do you feel people are shocked by how at the end of a job it may add another £100+ on the bill.

Comment

We charge £54 per pole and hanging of the curtains.

Comment

Originally posted by lizzy View Post
                    Hi Karen
                    I know this is a very old thread but if you still charge per hour do you feel people are shocked by how at the end of a job it may add another £100+ on the bill.
                    I would alway tell the customer at the quote stage, what the anticipated fitting time/cost will be. They have then factored it into their budget.

If I then encounter difficulties at the time of fitting, I would explain this to the customer and if necessary increase the cost accordingly.

(I also help a builder friend out occasionally, and have often discussed this thyp of issue with him. Sometimes he can only estimate the cost of a job, and then explain the problems and rising cost to the customer, as and when they arise)
                    John Quine
                    Brooke Design
                    Fylde Coast

Comment

A good curtain fitter should be able to fit a pole, hang & dress a pair of curtains within 45mins. We charge £45 plus VAT for the first hour and £30 per hour thereafter. if it's a bigger job then we will give a fixed price quote or a day rate.
                      Kind regards,
                      James Dudley

MyFitter
                      Curtain & Blind Fitting
                      Domestic & Commercial

Comment

Working...
                      X