Curtains 'bumping' into each other w/ overlap arm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Curtains 'bumping' into each other w/ overlap arm

Hello, sorry to bother all. This is not the most important issue right now keeping in mind current worldwide affairs but I'm wondering if anyone has had any problems with curtains on a corded track not overlapping properly and bumping into each other. It seems to be hit and miss but I keep coming across this issue.
    I know it's not a problem with the track or perhaps either the curtain but I'm not sure what I am doing wrong. I leave a little flat space on the overlapping curtain and it overlaps fine if I hold the leading edge whilst operating the cord system, but if I just let it run without touching it, as I should only have to, it bumps and often doesn't overlap properly. I'm thinking this may be because the curtain tends to 'sag' therefore hits the other leading edge whilst moving across the track.

If anyone has any advice on how to keep the leading edge stiff, perhaps hook placement or how much ungathered space should I leave on the end of the curtain/s, it'd be appreciated. Not sure how I can describe it better! lol

PENCIL PLEAT HEADING by the way.

*the curtain on the overlap essentially sags towards the window, therefore doesn’t clear over the other curtain, and they bump into each other, leaving a kink in the middle

Comment

Hi Scott

Remove the gather from the leading edge of the curtain by as much as it goes under the outer arm of the other curtain. Or bend the outer arm out enough to allow the two arms to work together.

Philip
      Have you registered your business yet?

http://www.ukcurtainmakers.co.uk

A MyDecozo Directory

Comment

What track are you using and does it have extensions on both arms?
        Melcurtains

Comment

Originally posted by Schuhby View Post
          Hi Scott

Remove the gather from the leading edge of the curtain by as much as it goes under the outer arm of the other curtain. Or bend the outer arm out enough to allow the two arms to work together.

Philip
          Thank you! Flattening the leading edge (taking the gather back.. by about 3 inches) on the underlapping curtain allowed the overlap arm to glide over it and they no longer bump together. Can’t believe I never thought of that. I always thought I should just leave flat area on the overlap and not the underlap.. Seems the overlap arm was actually getting caught on where the heading tape where it is gathered and couldn’t go further. Thank you, will keep in mind for the future
          Melcurtains Integra swanglide with just the overlap arm and the underlapping curtain is on a stationary roller. Sorted though as above, thank you

Comment

• Schuhby
            Schuhby commented
            Editing a comment
            You're welcome..
        Working...
        X