Reduce side light bleed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reduce side light bleed

Hi, my track (and curtain) extend 10” either side of my window however there’s still a lot of light leakage from the bright sun in the morning. I want to reduce this. I’m think it may be the window sill and/or the dado rail which is pushing the curtains away from the wall therefore allowing all the light in, when I shape the outer edges around the dado rail the light seems to be massively reduced but how would you suggest I do this to make it look presentable, Velcro / tacks? Any help will be appreciated, thanks

Have the curtains been returned to the wall at each side?
    Have you registered your business yet?

http://www.ukcurtainmakers.co.uk

A MyDecozo Directory

Comment

No, they’re just attached to the end hole on the sides of the track. How would you suggest I go about doing that, to see if it helps? But it also does seem it’s the dado rail that’s protruding the curtains from the wall

Comment

The outside edge of the curtain should be returned to wall - Place a hook in the wall and create the return. This will not help at the dado but you could pin from the inside to the dado/
        Have you registered your business yet?

http://www.ukcurtainmakers.co.uk

A MyDecozo Directory

Comment

Originally posted by Schuhby View Post
          The outside edge of the curtain should be returned to wall - Place a hook in the wall and create the return. This will not help at the dado but you could pin from the inside to the dado/
          Thank you! placed hook and eyes on both sides of the track and attached the curtains.. helps a little but it must be the dado rail that is the big issue, so have tacked the middle of the curtains returns to it and added another tack at the bottom of each return, it doesn't look the absolute best but I'm sure I'll get used to it and it blocks out 95% of the light around the side now.. I cannot complain about the traditional architecture of this house after all

Comment

Working...
          X