Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bay Pole for Eyelet Curtains

Happy New Year
    Has anyone had any experience of installing a bay pole for eyelet curtains?
    I have a potential client who is considering eyelets in her bay window - she already has a quote from another curtain maker who has specified a particular pole.I gather that this pole was too expensive and she has found one at Dunelm for £60! That is enough in itself to make my heart sink and for alarm bells to ring, but I am still interested to know of anyone’s experience with eyelet bay poles.
    Thanks
    Jane

I haven't used them myself (but my fitter has I think) - take a look at the Hallis Neo pole with special strong brackets for bays/long runs. Of course, you still have to feel happy with the way they make the bends..... Although the strong brackets look pretty chunky (to make them strong enough) they will of course be behind the finished curtain.

https://hallishudson.com/downloads/p...e_Brochure.pdf

Have you any idea what the Dunelm 'solution' looks like for £60????
    Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

I suspect that the Neo pole is the one that was included in the original quotation deemed 'expensive'
      Would you be able to send me a private message with the cost of that pole - I don't have an HH account.
      Thanks
      Jane

Comment

Yes, of course.
        Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

Have just messaged you details
          Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

I've looked at the Dunelm one and it looks 'similar' to the Neo solution although you cannot see the brackets - they are often the weak point in any cheaper pole I think. Also the few details available imply the pole is in one 4m length so no idea how you bend it to fit the window.

Then I read the reviews which incude photos of customer's windows - it looks like they are pillar style brackets. Info is mixed and some of the reviews may be about a different pole as they mention passing brackets (!) and one says a review includes a photo of a different pole. Recent reviews are more positive but they are probably not using it for heavier curtains if they also got them from Dunelm. They also mention the '4m pole' actually being in 3 parts so info is confusing.
            Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

I think the pole is supplied in 2 lengths of 2 ms.
              Scrolling through the reviews I was rather amused to find one that considered it too be expensive!

Comment

Seriously!!!! ???? Trying to imagine that person's reaction to the price of even a custom bent pole let alone a completely bespoke one.......

Still, I suppose it's like comparing clothes from Primark with getting something made to measure.....
                Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

Perfect analogy Louise
                  KarenS

Comment

Jane, I hope the customer is going to get it fitted by a professional!

Comment

That will probably be too expensive...!

Comment

Yes, because how hard can it be to bend a pole and fix it up?!!!!! (laughing)
                        Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

Working...
                        X