Brass curtain poles

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brass curtain poles

It looks like the traditional (bright)brass curtain pole has had it's day. I'm trying to find one of 2mtrs for a customer. It's for a single curtain so really only want 2 brackets and it's abutting a wall, so only one finial needed. I can find loads of Antique brass and even the SG Metropole appears to have stopped doing its 'Classic Gold' . Speedy Products have the 'Nikola' but it's out of stock. I see Integra still do the extendible corded bright brass effect Finale.
    Has anyone any other suggestions?
    Caroline

With persistence I found the website of 'House of Brass' and they do polished brass poles, the real thing! Am getting a price from them. It was by typing 'polished brass' in the search bar that brought up this site. Made a call to check that they would deduct the VAT for delivery to Jersey and got all the help I needed.
    Caroline

Comment

Glad you found what you wanted Caroline. It's frustrating when you know exactly what you want and can't get it!

Best wishes
      Liz

Comment

Maybe a different price point but Hunter & Hyland have various bright brass options, also Charles Rowley and Jago Designs. They can also be useful for quality items like portieres and cafe rods.
        Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

Louise, many thanks for those suggestions! Yes Liz, I'm reminded that once I verbally sold a disabled customer on the one cord Swish Polaris pole, and even quoted for it, Then I found it was discontinued. But on the basis that somewhere in the UK some shop must have stocks of it, I trawled the internet and found what I needed. I told the customer the truth and asked if I could put £40 on top of the retail price that I had to pay for it, (they really wouldn't have been able to buy it themselves due to age and they hadn't a computer). They readily agreed as it was the perfect product for their needs.
          Caroline

Comment

Full marks for persistence! Where would we be without the internet? It is an amazing resource!

Best wishes
            Liz

Comment

Working...
            X