No announcement yet.

Last Minute Panic - Reassurance Needed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last Minute Panic - Reassurance Needed!

As well as the last minute panic over Christmas, I have suddenly had a horrible thought about a job I am trying to complete before the big day...

I have a large pair of curtains triple pleated buckram heading, one curtain all made and hanging in my workroom. These are to be fitted into a large bay window ceiling mounted track. Suddenly I remember that when I took the measurements I took the measurement from the top of the track not the top of the the ceiling of the bay. Can anyone guide me, this is a Silent Gliss track hand pull, professionally fitted to the ceiling. Do Silent Gliss tracks normally fit snug up to the ceiling or is there a glaring gap like you might have with some other makes of track i.e. Swish?

I was in a horrible fug of a stinking cold when I took these measurements so cannot be certain.

Please let the track fit snug to the ceiling - as I have already finished one curtain ....

Sue.

Re: Last Minute Panic - Reassurance Needed!

Sorry I can't help specifically......but do you happen to know which SG track it is? Their website is pretty detailed and if you know which track is fitted you could look it up and find out the dimensions, brackets, clearance etc.

http://www.silentgliss.co.uk/go/Products
    Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

Hello Sue,

I can't help with the technicalities of the track but wanted to say, fingers crossed it works out!

Comment

Can you give the fitter a call??? If I recall with silent gliss theres not much of a gap , but it depends on fixings the fitter used. From the top of the track to the hook drop is 4cm if that helps???? There will need to be a little gap from the curtain top to the track to stop the fabric rubbing and wearing thin.

Sorry not much help am I. Can you ring the customer and ask her to measure it??

Oooo its those things that keep us awake at night with raging heartburn

Comment

Thanks for your help. Armed with my Price & Co. catalogue and the Silent Gliss website I am fairly sure I am going to be OK. Like you say, there needs to be a slight clearance from ceiling of bay, but it is quite critical as they are returned to the outside with no pelmet or valance (clients decision).

They don't want them touching the floor, so I may be OK even if they are a few mms shorter than I had planned.

So fed up as I was admiring the curtain hanging in my workroom, thinking how well it had turned out!!!

Thanks again.

Sue.

Comment

Good Luck Sue

Hope it works out fine - This always happens when we are under pressure and usually at Christmas!!!

I still havent got my tree up yet and still need to get presents!

MY friends keep reminding me that I never put my tree up till last minute!!! Thats cos we are busy pleasing everyone else with their curtains lol

I am sure it will work out ok for you.
            K W Designs
            Bournemouth

Comment

Hi Sue, what a horrible heart-stopping moment for you. I am sure that if there had been a big gap then you probably would have noticed it at the time of measuring them, therefore you are probably going to be fine. I hope it works out ok. If you're anything like me your heart will be pounding on your way over to deliver these curtains BUT you'll drive away, cheque in hand wondering why you were so worried!!

Best of luck, x Kim
              Kim

Comment

I must have been on Santa's Good Girl List this year. Track was a couple of mms from ceiling, I have hung this morning. Curtains just kissing the floor! Perfect.

Now I can relax! (Yeah right - Tesco, Sainsburys etc. etc. wrapping)

Sue.

Comment

That is great news......so glad it worked out.
                  Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

What a relief Sue! now you can have a few drinkies and enjoy christmas.

x Kim
                    Kim

Comment

Working...
                    X