What are the best selling tools?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are the best selling tools?

Hi all, today I have had a visit from the Streets rep and he showed me the Swish pole sample box, this looked quite impressive as a selling tool and the price was £40. I know other companies such as price and co also do boards with pole selections on and I just wondered what you all consider your best value for money selling tool.

My husband has just come back from the Silent Gliss training course and the supply and fitting is really an area that we want to expand on but having made some rum choices with fabric books that don't sell, I am reluctant to spend money unnecessarily.

Many thanks,Kim
    Kim

Re: What are the best selling tools?

I have the foc sample box from Cameron Fuller. It has a small section of each wooden pole colour mounted on boards, and 4 rings to show the metal pole colours. This is backed up with colour leaflets showing finial and bracket options as well as pole colours etc. I find this invaluable when talking to customers as the most important thing seems to be the colours - they seem OK to visualise pole diameters and see photos of finials etc.

They also supply larger chargeable sample sets with pieces of poles and actual finials etc. I do not have these as I do not have storage space for them.

I find Cameron Fuller very easy and friendly to deal with and their service has always been prompt and reliable. PM me if you want more info, prices etc.

http://www.cameronfuller.co.uk/index.html
    Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

Hi Kim
      I completely agree with Louise. I have the same foc set and it really does help for customers to see something solid.
      Cameron Fuller are great company to deal with and despatch really quickly as well.
      Kindest Regards

Penny

Denton Drapes

Comment

the Cameron & Fuller poles are lovely, but they are completely different to the Swish poles, being wood as opposed to metal, etc. So fine if your customer wants wood poles, but otherwise not. I think the Swish set for £40 is a very good deal, I think - most hand samples of poles are are least £5 each and you have to get a whole set to show a complete range. You would only have to sell a couple of poles to cover your cost. I have the Metropole box set, and one complete hand sample, and have sold several poles because of it.

Hope these thoughts help.
        Kind regards
        Pen Harrison
        Colly Brook Fine Furnishings

Comment

Actually the Cameron Fuller FOC sample set (which I've also got, am very pleased with & have had a great service from the staff there) also includes samples of the rings which go with their wrought iron range (which comes in 5 different colours and 2 different sizes).
          Jane

Comment

But.......Cameron Fuller designs are all pretty traditional, I think some of the Swish ones are more contemporary including chrome and brushed silver finishes with modern finials? So maybe you need both?

Are Swish part of Sunflex now???? http://www.sunflex.co.uk/products/sw...etal_poles.php
            Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

Hello, me again! well I am very excited to have received my sample board from Cameron Fuller today and they look fantastic. I love having things that make me look like a real professional rather than just a girl that runs up curtains if you know what I mean!

Anyway would anyone be willing to pm me with their ideas on what the mark-up on the trade prices should be?

I have looked at some of the online shops such as grace brown interiors and they seem to mark-up quite a bit but I don't want to get it wrong.

Many thanks again!

Kim

Comment

If you ask them, Cameron Fuller will send you a laminated RRP price list for all their products. You can use that as a guide when quoting clients.
                Jane

Comment

Thanks Jane, I'll do that right away. Kim
                  Kim

Comment

Working...
                  X