Corded track for apex window

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corded track for apex window

Hello, I have a customer with a beautiful new apex window. They want to see the shape of the window and not have curtains that are fixed in the middle. My thought is to have a M2M shaped corded track (or 2 corded tracks that meet at the apex) that extends beyond the window recess so that the curtains can pull right back off the window and either puddle on the floor or have tiebacks. Can anyone advise on a suitable track/track supplier for this? And any other pitfalls I should be aware of? My first apex window )

Cheers
    Sue

Click image for larger version

Name:	apex.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	82.8 KB
ID:	117637

Re: Corded track for apex window

I am not a track expert, but wonder how the cording mechanism would cope with the weight of closing long curtains up to the middle of the apex, if it's possible to do. You would also have to consider that for the curtains to reach the floor in the middle when the curtains were closed, they would be very over-long at the leading edge when open and puddled on the floor.

I will be interested to see what suggestions people have for this.....I would have simply specified a fixed heading.
    Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

Thanks Louise. I had contacted Evans about a track and they've confirmed what you said, that a corded track won't work, so it looks like they will have to be fixed, which is a shame!

Comment

At least there are quite a few posts here already to help with working with an apex
        Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

I can't see it working, especially as there hasn't even been enough space left in the centre to fit anything outside the recess.

#shootthearchitect

Maz

Comment

I have done one with a gliss corded track but you have to cleat off the cords when pulled closed or it just slides open again. Client happy. Me not so much so! I said I didnt know how long it would hold - and be it on their heads. I havent heard from them since so I guess all is good!

Comment

Working...
            X