Curtain Fitting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Curtain Fitting

Hi all, does anyone know the best place to go for a curtain/blind fitting course? My hubby is a v good DIY-er but so far has declined to weald a drill in any of my clients houses because he does not have the confidence or product knowledge to back it up. However he is a Mortgage Broker and as you are all aware thanks to the media this is a less than lucrative industry to be in right now.

I reckon if I can meet new clients and offer fitting from the outset that we could certainly make a better business of what I already have.

Any ideas would be welcome. Many thanks,
    Kim

Re: Curtain Fitting

There is one listed in the training section - I don't have any personal experience with the company though.

http://www.my.decozo.com/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=248

Just found this too http://www.upholsterers.co.uk/traini...s/courses2.htm

If you want to make it more formal, Fit-ex work on a franchise basis, although of course this means a financial commitment.

http://www.selectyourfranchise.com/u...Fitex-Ltd.html
    Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

Silent Gliss also have training days for fitters, maybe you could contact them and inquire...

Philip
      MyDecozo Admin

Comment

Silent gliss integra and Luxaflex ( blind installation ) all provide free training courses. There are some good B&Bs that each company recommends and is a great excuse for a few days away

I attended the silent gliss course, it was ok but hubby needs to put into practice what he learnt,,,,,,,he could be sometime!

Comment

Thanks you guys..... I'll check these all out. I have been threatening to send him on a course for ages and he may just get signed up very soon. I'll let you know how I get on.

K
          Kim

Comment

any update on this?

Comment

Hi, well this was posted in 2008 and since then my husband has taken on many fitting jobs and has increased in confidence and ability over time.

He did attend the Silent Gliss course but the was actually more product knowledge than practicalities and actually not that useful. He phoned me the evening of day one and said it was the longest day of his life. I did feel quite bad but he went back on day 2 and enjoyed chatting to the other fitters. He also got an idea of what to charge from them too, especially bay windows which can be a total pain.

Hope this helps,

Kim
              Kim

Comment

could you ask him how he gets his work and what training did he find the best

i am just starting to learn now me and hoping to set up soon

Comment

My husband attended the Silent Gliss Fitting course a couple of months ago, and it was based more on product knowledge as Kim has mentioned, although he did find the section on Electrically Operated Tracks interesting as he is an electrician. There were fitters there from a well known dept store and several 'sales staff' from other retailers. There was advice about bending bay poles and I think he said there was a demonstration of this.

Although my husband is very good at DIY and has fitted many tracks and poles in our home over the years, he is considering the Track Fitting Course run by Wendy Shorter as it seems to cover fitting techniques in depth, which will give him confidence in tackling any of those tricky jobs when the customer is constantly looking over his shoulder..

Comment

Hi Loates, he gets his work from my curtain clients, and did no training at all, just has an eye for DIY just as debsdrapes husband does. I am lucky enough to have some lovely clients who let him loose on their homes, and now he's much more confident. Although the Wendy Shorter course my be a good idea for him too.

Kim
                    Kim

Comment

Working...
                    X