Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Triple/Pinch Pleats..........

Hello there,

I know this subject has been covered loads, , but everytime I read the posts I just confuse myself with everyone elses figures!!! Is there a simple formula to follow??
    In all my books, the subject starts with the flat width....do you all always x the track/pole by 2.5 to achieve this? The fabric is just a small woven check so I am not worried about placement. I just don't want to get to the flat width stage and then panick I have too much/little fabric!!
    I have two pairs to make before Christmas and still need to shop. get to school fetes, plays, concerts..........!!! So I am quite keen to get the calculation stage out of my head....specially when I am lying in bed trying to sleep, lol!

Any more help on triple pleats would be a bonus......I haven't even started on the millions of ways to insert buckram!!!

Thankyou in advance.....
    Natalie
    Natalie

Re: Triple/Pinch Pleats..........

I have emailed you the method I learned which I think is pretty straightforward.....
    Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

Thanks very much Louise and Phillip....its coming together a bit more in my head now!!
      Natalie

Comment

Louise

Any chance you could email this to me too please? It's an old post but hope you still have the info on calculating pleats!

Thanks
        Viny

Comment

Viny - if you can PM me an email address I can send you the info.
          Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

Working...
          X