elaborate heading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• elaborate heading

I have recently been asked to carry out alterations to 3 pairs of heavy silk interlined curtains.

Thats ok,however the heading is rather complex.

Scalloped with single pleat to the front and also shaped fold over pelmet with trimming .
    The reverse of the fabric/lining is in co ordinating fabric with contrasting border on leading edge.

The client wants some curtains made narrower and length altered

Another pair widened and shortened and so on. How shall I recreate the heading? I thought that I could make templates to practice on .Also if they are to be narrower the can the design be half a scallop at the outside edge.

Re: elaborate heading

Do you have a photo of the heading you could upload?

Where altering the length I would suggest work from the bottom and leave the top untouched.
    Have you worked out the maths for altering the widths? It is possible you could leave half a scallop at the edge but it depends on whether the structure of the panel permits it. You may need to leave a flat 'space' there instead. Worst case, you will need to unpick every pleat and alter the size to get the right width and the right pleat structure.

Make sure you charge A LOT for this.
    Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

Almost impossible to comment on without seeing a pic! But agree with Louise, it's going to take you longer than you think it will.
      Kind regards
      Pen Harrison
      Colly Brook Fine Furnishings

Comment

yes you are quite right it was far more complicated than making a new pair I gave her a price and is was not acceptable. So I am pleased and relieved that I dont have that stress. I dont usually do alterations.

However the different type of heading was very interesting and complex too. I shall try to take a photo if I can.

Thank you for your advice,I think that she maybe wanted to pay £50 - £100 for the work that would take at least a week if not longer to complete one pair.

Comment

A picture would be interesting!

Sounds like she would be better off getting some new curtains made........
          Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

Working...
          X