bed canopy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bed canopy

Has anyone ever made a sheer/voile for a bed canopy. My last client has a single bed with a small timber bed canopy/corona overhead. Inside this there is a thin timber circle which is where the voile/sheer will hang (I guess) Question is how do I make the heading ? Will I need special rings that can be hooked over the timber as I couldn't see anyway to get rings on this timber. I'm guessing again that I would use heading tape and hook on to rings

Any help or ideas would be appreciated as she has asked me to call again when I'm not busy to discuss. Hope above makes sense
    Ursula

Re: bed canopy

I recently made curtains for a four poster that had poles inset into the four posts so that you could not get rings on. I made the curtains with 1" header encased inside the top turn. There was 12cm of header above the header which filled the gap between the pole and the main frame of the bed above it. I then put ties along the inside - attached at the same level as the header tape. The curtain was tied onto the pole and the long tails hung down the inside of the bed. Some of the curtains were left ungathered so that they could be pulled around the bed, others were gathered up via the header tape and remained static. I was very pleased with the result. Another suggestion would be to use passover rings and hook them onto the pole ( if it is thin enough). If the curtain is to be static you could wrap the pole in fabric and use pin hooks to attach the curtain.

Julie
    Julie

Comment

Thanks Julie some great ideas there. Would you by any chance have a photo of the heading you did Never heard of passover rings so I'm going to have a search on the web now to find out more about them. Thanks again.
      Ursula

Comment

Trying to attach the photo but it says it is too big. I don't know how to proceed now. The only compress instructions i can find want me to compress and e-mail.
        Any ideas anyone???
        Julie

Comment

[attachment=0:1jqr7pg3]007 compressed.jpg[/attachment:1jqr7pg3] I hope the photo has attached - if not I will try again tomorrow!!
          Julie

Comment

Could you use a velcro gathering tape and use adhesive velcro inside the rail?
            Janie

Comment

It sounds like you're using a corona rather than making drapes for a four poster. I think you need to screw screw eyes into the front edge of your board and use pin hooks to attach your voiles.

Comment

On a wood corona, you can fix screw eyes, and hang the curtains from hooks on that. It is normal to put the heading tape on the right side of the curtain, and then have a valance/pelmet fixed with velcro (or nailed) to the front edge of the board to cover the heading tape. That way the curtains look good from the bed as well as from the outside.
                Regards
                Pen
                Kind regards
                Pen Harrison
                Colly Brook Fine Furnishings

Comment

Pen and Rosie are right.
                  I have done a few coronas and followed the intructions in the M&D encyclopeadia they are very clear and easy to understand.
                  Kindest Regards

Penny

Denton Drapes

Comment

Working...
                  X