Bed Corona

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bed Corona

I have a bed corona to do for a double bed. The measurement floor to ceiling is 270cms and the corona has a diametre of 75cms.
    In a modern type house I would place the corona directly under the coving approx 220cms high. However, I really can't decided what to do in this bedroom.
    Does anyone have any sugesstions please.
    Kindest Regards

Penny

Denton Drapes

Re: Bed Corona

I would have thought that you could fix it at either point - 220cm above the bed, as that is high enough to clear a person's head, or at the ceiling for a very long elegant look. Does the fabric/room suggest one or the other?
    Kind regards
    Pen Harrison
    Colly Brook Fine Furnishings

Comment

I agree with Pen, place it where you like, making the best use of the pattern, so it can be seen to advantage at eye level. If a plain fabric, length is always better, so it doesn't look mean. And consider the dust on the top!

Comment

Thanks Nic and Pen
        Your comments have helped alot.
        The window in the room is quite low down the wall leaving a space of 68cms from the top of the window to ceiling.
        If I put the corona to the ceiling over the bed it will be out of balance compared to the window dressing.
        I am going to put it at 220cms high. This will be much more in keeping with the window proportions.
        It's always good to get other peoples opinions as sometimes you can't take a step back and see the woods for the trees.
        Thank you ladies!

Cheers..
        Kindest Regards

Penny

Denton Drapes

Comment

I would suggest you place the corona as high as you can and with the pelmets for the curtains. Place corona and pelmet as the same height. qwerty covers this subject well.

Philip
          Have you registered your business yet?

http://www.ukcurtainmakers.co.uk

A MyDecozo Directory

Comment

Working...
          X