Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Louise
    replied
    Thanks lizzy - I had used that document which mentioned their calculating spreadsheet which worked it out for you. I was curious to use it and check my workings. I now have a copy and it works well.
    Out of interest, the document explains how to allow space for the motor on electric tracks which the calculator doesn't.

Leave a comment:

• lizzy
    replied
    https://www.silentgliss.co.uk/filead...om%20Guide.pdf

This tells you how many cm or pockets to have per pleat. I then work it out. Using 16cm if it's interlined 14 if not and maybe a 60mm track if voile.

Leave a comment:

• Melcurtains
    replied
    I dont think you will go far wrong with 2.1x you really are in the hands of fabric width. If you allow say 1 more pocket you can always move the hooks either way ie 7 or 9 gap no one will notice If you have too much width you will have to cut it down. Good luck
    Melcurtains

Leave a comment:

• Louise
    replied
    Thanks Melcurtains - it's a bit more complicated for me because I don't have access to a roll of tape and I'm trying to work out the fabric required to quote for a job. Out of interest, what fullness does your method create please? I think Silent Gliss suggest either 2.1x or 2.3x .....

A couple of the tracks will be motorised - do you need to allow a little extra fabric to cover the motor?

Leave a comment:

• Melcurtains
    replied
    Have never used a calculator . First count the number of runners on the track then take the tape leave 4 pockets and put the same number of hooks in every 8 pockets then leave 4 pockets and bingo you have your headed size. Never failed me
    Melcurtains

Leave a comment:

• Louise
    replied
    Great, thank you

Leave a comment:

• Schuhby
    replied
    I've sent you one Louise

Leave a comment:

• Louise
    started a topic Silent Gliss Wave spreadsheet?

Silent Gliss Wave spreadsheet?

Does anyone have the Silent Gliss calculating spreadsheet for their Wave track/heading? If so, would you be able to send a copy to [email protected]

Thanks in advance.
Working...
X