Silent Gliss Wave spreadsheet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silent Gliss Wave spreadsheet?

Does anyone have the Silent Gliss calculating spreadsheet for their Wave track/heading? If so, would you be able to send a copy to [email protected]

Thanks in advance.
    Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

I've sent you one Louise
    Have you registered your business yet?

http://www.ukcurtainmakers.co.uk

A MyDecozo Directory

Comment

Great, thank you
      Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

Have never used a calculator . First count the number of runners on the track then take the tape leave 4 pockets and put the same number of hooks in every 8 pockets then leave 4 pockets and bingo you have your headed size. Never failed me
        Melcurtains

Comment

Thanks Melcurtains - it's a bit more complicated for me because I don't have access to a roll of tape and I'm trying to work out the fabric required to quote for a job. Out of interest, what fullness does your method create please? I think Silent Gliss suggest either 2.1x or 2.3x .....

A couple of the tracks will be motorised - do you need to allow a little extra fabric to cover the motor?
          Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

I dont think you will go far wrong with 2.1x you really are in the hands of fabric width. If you allow say 1 more pocket you can always move the hooks either way ie 7 or 9 gap no one will notice If you have too much width you will have to cut it down. Good luck
            Melcurtains

Comment

https://www.silentgliss.co.uk/filead...om%20Guide.pdf

This tells you how many cm or pockets to have per pleat. I then work it out. Using 16cm if it's interlined 14 if not and maybe a 60mm track if voile.

Comment

Thanks lizzy - I had used that document which mentioned their calculating spreadsheet which worked it out for you. I was curious to use it and check my workings. I now have a copy and it works well.
                Out of interest, the document explains how to allow space for the motor on electric tracks which the calculator doesn't.
                Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

Working...
                X