Can Crushed velvet be Eyeleted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can Crushed velvet be Eyeleted

I have a customer who has bought some crushed velvet from LA. (Arhhhh!!!)
    She would like me to make it into eyelet curtains. Interestingly LA will not make this fabric into eyelet curtains.....
    I handled the fabric and it seems fine to me quite stable actually. Does anyone know of any reason why I shouldn't make this fabric into eyelet curtains. I don't want to take it on then find out right at the end it was a big mistake.
    Kindest Regards

Penny

Denton Drapes

Re: Can Crushed velvet be Eyeleted

I can think of no reason why it couldn't be eyeleted if it's a stable fabric. I wonder if they say no to eyelets in all of their velvets or just the crushed ones? Would it be worth asking them?

Comment

i'm with Rosie, i would ask LA why they dont...
      and then i would tell us why they dont
      sharon

Comment

Nice to see you back, Sharon! You do make me smile!

Comment

Hi,

My thoughts on this are that it may be something to do with the way LA package their curtains. They tend to squash huge curtains into small packing boxes with a pathetic amount of tissue in between the layers. (Or the ones I have seen have been packed like this.) I am guessing that the eyelets would make big idents in the fabric which would probably not come out.

Sue.

Comment

Hi Sue
            Thank you so much for putting this up. That all makes pefect sense. I did go into LA yesterday but nobody was able to help me.
            Kindest Regards

Penny

Denton Drapes

Comment

Now there's a surprise Penny!
              Jane

Comment

Hello All,

Isn't this all silly? I rang my local LA store as Penny drew a blank yesterday, but there was no one who could advise me today. They suggested I rang later in the week.

I really wonder what you think Philip of eyelets in velvets/crushed velvets. Have you ever done this? Is there any reason why we shouldn't? I really need to know as I'm being asked to use velvets more and more and worry I'll get myself in a mess if I say I can eyelet them and then it all goes wrong.

Comment

Working...
                X