Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eyelet curtains

Hi folks

Having now mastered Roman Blinds and Triple Pleat curtains, I am now wanting to press on and try and master the art of Eyelet Curtains, can anyone help me with the theory behind this???

I have a feeling that it is the same principle as tab tops but would like to know a good way of making them.

look forward to all your lovely comments

regards
    smiley

Re: Eyelet curtains

Hi Smiley
    I too was wondering this. I recall Phillip purchasing a special eyelet machine and I think he made a video but I am not sure how you go about it if you don't have this machine. Is there eyelet tape that you can use? I am sure it won't be long before all is revealed to us.
    Susie

Comment

Eyelet pressing machines are expensive, but they are the only way to get professionally 'set' metal eyelets, "like you see in the shops". You can get hand setting tools but they are quite expensive and pretty hard work. There are companies who you can send curtains to who will set them for you (listed on this site if you search for eyelets), and there may be members here with machines who will take on such jobs. Any takers?

I have used eyelet tape in the past. There are 2 types - one has metal rings set in tape which you sew on to the curtain and then snap plastic eyelets onto. The other is Rufflette 'Jupiter' rings which you either set into heading buckram, or you can buy Rufflette tape (with holes but no metal rings) to sew on, then clip plastic rings in place. If you look at some of the supply sites like Colly Brook or Merrick & Day you can see examples. The tape with rings/holes helps you space the holes and know how big to cut them.

With eyelet tape you have to make the curtain fit the tape, make sure there are an even number of eyelets per curtain so the edges return to the wall properly. 8 eyelets a metre is about average. If you set individual rings then the spacing is up to you. There is a site that calculates eyelets for you here http://www.my.decozo.com/viewtopic.php?f=67&t=838
      Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

Demonstrating how to use an eyelet press: Eyelet press purchased from M&D.

Thinking of buying one?

[youtube:jlwiljvh]lkEKr2w7a7U[/youtube:jlwiljvh]

These machines should be screwed down to prevent any movement, but I clamp mine down when in use.. Probably not the best way and I wouldn't recommend this.
        MyDecozo Admin

Comment

Hi I bought my eyelet machine about two years ago. I have had my moneys worth out of it I probably make eyelet curtains more than triple pleat curtains. I opted for the machine with the built in stand so i dont have to keep moving it around it also has a guide so you know where to place your next ring.
          Karen

Comment

You can download good, clear instructions for eyelet and tabtop curtains here http://www.simplyfurnishings.com/hom...urtains_1b.htm in return for your email address.
            Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

Working...
            X