X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christine Martin
    replied
    Re: Different sized tracks

Thank you Julia and Pen for your replies.

I had to get on and made the decision to keep the pleats and spaces the same size and drop the pleats were necessary. It all worked well but good to hear you would both have done the same thing.

Kind Regards
    Christine

Leave a comment:

• thecurtainmaker
    replied

I would make the curtains with the same size spaces and aim for around the same size pleats, not worry if one has more than the other, trimming the fabric down to size if necessary.

Leave a comment:

• Julia
    replied

Hi Christine,
    I think I would try and keep the spaces the same throughout, visually you wouldn't notice the number of pleats but the spaces maybe more obvious.
    Julia

Leave a comment:

• Christine Martin
    started a topic Different sized tracks

Different sized tracks

Dear All,

I have a dilema in that I am making two sets of curtains to hang side by side over two sets of doors.

The problem is that one of the doors buts up to a beam on the right hand side so the track on this side is smaller than the track on the left.

So the left hand track is 194cm (corded for 1 pair) and the track on the right is 174cm (corded for one pair).

Should I make both sets of curtains with the same number of pleats and make the gaps on the right hand track 1/2" smaller or lose a pleat on each of these curtains and make the gaps slightly larger?

Any replies would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards

Christine
Working...
X